After 21 years
in business, we have been around the block, watching the way brands advertise has changed significantly over the years. But one thing that has remained the same is everything we do hinges on creating good content
Before we get into the tips, let’s cover the basics...
What is digital content marketing & why does it matter?
Attention is at an all-time premium with research showing that by 2025, over 75% of the global population will interact with a new piece of content or data every 18 seconds
. With the modern web so noisy, digital content and useful storytelling that captures the interest of your target audience is most relevant.
What is considered a piece of digital content?
Content is anything and everything – videos, images, eBooks, emails and even this copy that you are reading right now. It is your favourite show on Netflix
, a URL, podcasts, live-streaming and so much more but you get the picture.
What are the advantages of digital content marketing?
- Increase Brand Awareness. It is the best way to get your message across and work with and not against the variety of algorithms serving up your content to your audiences.
- It’s Good for SEO. At the heart of SEO is good quality content. Having regular updates of good copy increases your visibility not only on search engines but on social networks as well.
- More Visits from Social Media Channels. Good content increases the chances of more shares on social media, which in turn creates web traffic.
Now that you know the basics, here is our content marketing advice so that in this “attention economy” you can make your content do more for you.
Tips to follow:
- Have a voice that customers can identify with
- Headlines are everything (it’s your click-bait)
- Build trust with transparency
- Be consistent
- Don’t copy others’ work
- Make the most out of a good idea across multiple formats
- Engage as much as you post!
- Keywords are your secret sauce
- Quality and quantity are equally important
- Reuse your best social media headlines in PPC ads
- Use your content to turn fans into customers
- Content is a marathon not a sprint
- Original content will always perform better
- Update your blog!
- Only decide what a good piece of content was with data
- Repurpose your content
- Not all content has to tell a story – as long as it provides value in another way
- Write content as a dialogue
- Create content that you would share
- Make sure you can turn your content into downloaded guides and PDFs
- Follow this blog for content tips and guides